Hello and welcome to Creatureshire!
Come with me on a journey into Creatureshire! Here you will find unique animal jewellery inspired by nature and by the many wonderful organisms that share this planet with us.
I am Inês, the person whose hands and imagination bring Creatureshire alive. I am endlessly surprised by how life thrives, even in the most unexpected places. And I keep finding about creatures I never knew or imagined that existed.
Ever since I remember I have always been passionate about nature. I grew up in the incredible countryside of Sintra in Portugal, where I spent a lot of time observing nature in close detail, from the beach tidepool creatures, to the Mediterranean scrublands next to my home and the magical hills of Sintra.
As a teenager, encouraged by my mother, I started making small animals from polymer clay. I was bringing the creatures I saw into my own hands.
Creatureshire was born in 2014. The name was inspired by the shires, as territories, but also by JRR Tolkien imaginary. In the Middle Earth, the Shire is a verdant and magical scenery populated by hobbits. I thought that I would like my designs to inhabit a world of their own, and also, the world to which all of us belong. And so Creatureshire appeared!
Currently I focus on the connections between different species within their habitats to build collections that express how special each animal or plant is and how they relate to one another.
Creatureshire’s designs are handmade by me in small limited batches. Each piece of jewellery is special: every creature has its own character and there is a sense of joy and wonder from their early beginnings as sketches to the final piece of jewellery.
I hope that you enjoy your journey into Creatureshire. Have fun exploring!
If you have any question, you can leave me a message using the form bellow or send me an email to email@example.com. I will be back to you soon!
Creatureshire has been kindly featured in the press and in the blogosphere. Thank you all!
Creatureshire featured in the press:
- Virginia this Morning, 24th April 2015
Creatureshire featured in the blogosphere:
- Dailymounia.com, 2nd February 2015
- Polymer Clay Daily, 13th November 2014
- Uniquely Yours Designs, 10th April 2014
- Craft & Craft, 10th April 2014
The Little Creatures featured in the press:
- UK Handmade Winter showcase 2014
- UK Handmade Summer showcase 2014
- Papel On-line Magazine, 21st March, 2013
- Virginia this Morning, 30th November, 2012
The Little Creatures featured in the blogosphere:
- Accidental Vix, 7th January 2014
- Cuteable, 17th October 2013
- Polymer Clay Planet, 29th July 2013
- Craftgossip, 22nd July 2013
- Polymeri Online, 12th July 2013
- Zoubizou, 30th June 2013
- Craftgossip, 22nd June 2013
- Parole de Pate, 16th June 2013
- Polymer Clay Planet, 19th May 2013
- My Little Chickadee’s Blog, 26th April 2013
- Polymeri Online, 16th April, 2013
- PT Team The Blog, 4th Nov, 2012
- UK Clay Users, 4th September, 2012
- Duni Studio, 25th June, 2012
- Mundoflo, 16th November, 2011
Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any question or suggestion:firstname.lastname@example.org